I hope you had a fabulous Labor Day Weekend but dang, where does the time go? I love this time of year as the weather starts to cool just a bit and we start making plans to decorate for the fall and celebrate the upcoming holidays. August is but a memory and we’re into September now, and the new Holiday Catalog starts tomorrow! YES!! At 3:00 am Mountain Time, that’s 4:00 am for you Central Time Zone Folks, we can order everything in the catalog!
Today I have a fun Hershey’s Candy Bar Wrap, which would be a fun treat to make up ahead of time and give to special trick-or-treaters or co-workers.
- Card Stock – Whisper White (100730); Basic Black (121045)
- Stamp Pads – Granny Apple Green (147095); Gorgeous Grape (147099)
- Misc. – Monster Bash Designer Series Paper (150447); Basic Black 3/8” Scalloped Edge Ribbon (150449); Wicked Dies (150725); Wink of Stella (141897); Stamping Sponges (141337); ½” Circle Punch (119869); Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108); Fine Tip Glue Pen (138309); Die Cutting Machine; Hershey Chocolate Bar
- Monster Bash DSP (spider webs) – 6” x 6”; score at 1½”, 1¾”, 4” and 4¼”
- Basic Black: 2” x 5½” (scrap)
- Whisper White: 1¾” x 5”
- Basic Black Ribbon: 28”
- Fold on score lines; adhere.
- Punch hole in the middle of the flat section; thread ribbon through.
- Slide chocolate bar into paper holder with the ribbon on either side of the chocolate; tie bow and trim ends.
- Sponge Whisper White completely with Granny Apple Green; add Gorgeous Grape with sponge in about ½” – ¾” strip on long side. Cut “Wicked” from the sponged paper.
- Cut “Wicked” and three spiders from Basic Black; add Wink of Stella to the spiders.
- Adhere Basic Black “Wicked” to the front with Fine Tip Glue Pen. Adhere the sponged “Wicked” offset over the Basic Black.
- Adhere spiders with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The Back on Your Feet stamp set has the most adorable animal images and perfect sentiments for get well cards and cards to send to those that are going though some tough stuff. The giraffe, turtle and sloth are so cute a card made with these images is sure to brighten someone’s day.
After stamping the giraffe in Memento Ink, I colored the spots with the Bronze Stampin’ Blend Marker and colored the rest of him with the Dark Mango Melody and Dark Old Olive for the grass. Since the sentiment says “this is Knot good”, I decided to add a little black ribbon that is tied in a knot. I like how the Basic Black layer behind the stamped image really makes the image pop. The background is Crushed Curry and I used the new Hammered Metal Embossing Folder that is featured in the Holiday Catalog and will be available on September 4th.
Sometimes you just “need” something because it’s so stinkin’ cute, right? That’s how it was for me with the We’ll Walrus be Friends stamp set. I mean honestly, aren’t these Walrus’s just the cutest?!
I couldn’t decide which of the 5 walrus images to use, so I used three of them to create this card. I used the masking technique here to put the one walrus behind the other. First I stamped the walrus sitting on the ice with Memento Ink on Whisper White. I also stamped the image on a Post-it Note and cut it out and laid it over the first stamped image. Next I stamped the walrus on the left, then removed the Post-it Note. Now it looks like he’s behind the first walrus. After stamping the third walrus, I add the fish and then got out my Stampin’ Blends and started coloring them in using Ivory for the face and tusks, Soft Suede Combo for the bodies, Dark Mango Melody for the Fish and Dark Seaside Spray for the bird and the water. For the iceberg, I used the Aqua Painter and the Seaside Spray ink to give it a very faint blue color. I used a Journaling Pen to ad the “wave” on the left side.
The High Seas Embossing Folder was the perfect choice for some texture on the background and I added a few of the Frosted Epoxy Droplets to mimic water splashes.
Not only are the walrus’s in this set adorable, I also played around with a couple other sweet animal stamp sets and I’ll be sharing those in the upcoming days, so be sure to come on back.