I held a class last night featuring the All is Bright Suite and I thought since I’ve been sharing how to use Shimmer Paint on my blog this week, why not use Shimmer Paint on one of the cards for class. This is one of the cards from class.
I love the All is Bright Designer Series paper which is part of the All is Bright Suite of products and this print with the metallic ornaments is my favorite print in the package. I wanted to make an ornament on the card to match the ornaments in the paper. I think I succeeded in that task, what do you think? You know how I like layers and texture, so this card has lots of it but I don’t think it’s too over powering. Because I love you, here are the full details on how I created this card including the Shimmer Paint Technique.
- Stamp Sets –Merry Christmas to All (147702)
- Card Stock –Whisper White Thick (140272); Crumb Cake (120953); Whisper White (100730); All is Bright Designer Series Paper (147892); Champagne Foil Sheets (144748); Sparkle Glimmer Paper (146957)
- Stamp Pads – Crumb Cake (147116)
- Misc. – Big Shot (143263); Merry Christmas Thinlits Dies (147912); Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder (147923); Layering Circles Framelits (141705); Christmas Bulb Builder Punch (148013); Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint 146886); Sponge Dauber (133733); Whisper White Bakers Twine (124262); Mini Glue Dots (103683); Snail Adhesive (104332); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Whisper White Thick cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ score at 5-1/2″
- Crumb Cake cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- All is Bright Designer Series Paper: 2” x 5”
- Whisper White cardstock: 4-1/4” x 2”
- Champagne Foil Sheet: 4” x 1” and small scrap for top of ornament
- Sparkle Glimmer Paper: 3” x 3”
- Whisper White Bakers Twine: 4”
- Attach All is Bright DSP to right side of Crumb Cake cardstock with Snail Adhesive
- Run 1” x 5” piece of Champagne Foil Sheet through the Big Shot with the Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder. Attach this to the Crumb Cake cardstock about ½” from the lower edge.
- Cut circle from Sparkle Glimmer Paper using the 2nd largest circle from the Layering Circles Framelits.
- Shake up Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint and use Sponge Dauber to pick up the paint from the inside of the paint lid. Tap and rub the shimmer paint on the Sparkle Shimmer Paper.
- Use the Christmas Bulb Builder Punch and a small scrap of Champagne Foil to punch out the top of the ornament.
- Attach ornament top to Sparkle Shimmer Paper Circle with a mini Glue Dot.
- Attach Whisper White Bakers Twine to the back of the ornament with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Attach ornament to the Crumb Cake cardstock with Stampin Dimensionals.
- Secure the other end of the baker’s twine to the back side of the Crumb Cake cardstock with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Die-cut “Holidays” from the Whisper White cardstock with the Big Shot and the Merry Christmas Thinlits
- Attach “holidays” to the ornament with Mini Glue Dots
- Stamp “happy” in Crumb Cake ink on the crumb Cake cardstock in the upper left area.
- Attach Crumb Cake cardstock to the folded Thick Whisper White card base with Snail.
Order supplies for this card