Whether it’s putting together an outfit, decorating your home or designing a card, many times it’s the little accents pieces that tend to pull a project together. In today’s card, it’s the Metallic Copper Accents that really pull this all together.
I used products from the Come to Gather Suite and added a few metallic copper accents for this fall card. I added a layer of the Copper Foil Sheets to the Pretty Peacock card base. On the Very Vanilla layer, I added more copper when I stamped the “specks” with the Celestial Copper Ink. The plaid print leaf, which I cut out with the Gathered Leaves Dies from the Come to Gather Designer Series Paper, ties in all of the colors I used on the card. The three smaller leaves are all embossed as they are die cut including the one I cut out with more Copper Foil Paper.
One of my goals on this card was to use all of the products from the Come to Gather Suite, so I did some Copper Embossing on the “wood ring” from the Tags & Feathers Elements. The sentiment, from the Gather Together stamp set was stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with the Copper Embossing Powder. I love how this turned out! Finally I tied a bow with the Cajun Linen Thread from the Come to Gather Ribbon Combo pack.
Texture, whether it’s visual or tactile texture, is a great way to add make an average card become a wow card. For today’s card I used the Gathered Leaves dies, the Come to Gather Designer Series Paper and the Come to Gather Ribbon to show you 3 ways to create texture on a card.
So, let’s start with the obvious texture here; that would be the textured leaves that were cut from Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and Cherry Cobbler cardstock using the Gathered Leaves Dies. In this set of 7 dies, 3 of the leaves (in slightly different sizes) not only die-cut but they also emboss at the same time. Notice the veins in the leaves? That gorgeous texture is what happens when you run it through a die cutting machine with cardstock. To make the texture a bit more visible, I sponged a little Sahara Sand ink over the veining.
Gathered Leaves Dies #150662 $26.00
The second texture you can see is the visual texture of the wood-grain print found in the Come to Gather Designer Series Paper Package. Event though the paper is smooth to the touch, your eyes recognize the texture and depth of the wood grain. This particular print is great to stamp directly on, which I did with the sentiment from the Seaside Notions stamp set. I think this card is a great masculine card or for any nature lovers out there.
Come to Gather DSP #150454
The third use of texture on this card comes from the Come to Gather Ribbon Combo Pack. The package comes with a Cajun Craze Linen Thread as well as the Crumb Cake ribbon with a woven center and satin edges. I chose to use just the Crumb Cake ribbon because I felt the woven center of the ribbon really complimented the texture in the leaves and the grain of the wood.
Come to Gather Ribbon Combo Pack #150456 $9.00
If you’d like to try using 3 ways to create texture on a card you can order the supplies below.&
Here in Wisconsin, we are certainly starting to see Autumn starting to slow down and thoughts of Winter creeping closer. With that in mind I have a card that I think fits this time of year really well. I used the Gather Together Bundle to create this Autumn into Winter card.
There are so many fabulous things going on with this card, yet I think everything is very balanced and not over done. We’ve got fabulous texture from the delicate embossing on the card base and the die-cut/embossed leaves. Beautiful prints found in the designer paper and layered up with coordinating cardstock. And of course we can’t forget the ribbon embellishment, because what’s a card without layers, texture and embellishments, right!? Are you ready to create your own perfect Autumn into Winter card?
- Very Vanilla: 4-1/4″ x 11″ and 2-1/2” x 5/8”
- Early Espresso: 2-1/4” x 4-1/4”
- Pretty Peacock: 3” x 4” and 2” x 2”
- Mint Macaron: 2” x 2”
- Come to Gather Designer Series Paper- Polka Dot print: 2-1/4” x 4” and 3” x 3”
- Come to Gather Designer Series Paper- Leaves print: 2” x 4”
- Pretty Peacock Scalloped Linen Ribbon: 5-1/2”
- Fold large Vanilla cardstock in half for card base, then emboss front of card with Stylish Scrolls Embossing Folder.
- Attach long Come to Gather Designer Series Paper- Polka Dot print to the large Pretty Peacock cardstock with Snail Adhesive and wrap Pretty Peacock Scalloped Linen Ribbon around these layers and secure on back side with Snail, then attach to card as shown.
- Attach Come to Gather Designer Series Paper- Leaves print to Early Espresso cardstock, then attach to card as shown.
- Stamp leaf with early Espresso ink on Come to Gather Designer Series Paper- Polka Dot print and cut out with Come Together Leaves Dies, then crumple the leaf up and uncrumple and flatted before attaching to card with Snail.
- Cut out smaller leaves from Pretty Peacock and Mint Macaron with the Come to Gather Leaves Dies and attach to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment in Early Espresso on small Very Vanilla piece and cut a notch in the one end to create a banner. Attach banner to card as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Supply list for the Autumn into Winter card