This past weekend was our Annual Stampin’ Sisters Holiday Hoopla. It’s a 2 day demonstrator event that I put on with my sister Peggy in Crystal Lake Illinois that is all about the Holiday Catalog. We had such a blast with a total of 64 Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from the Midwest & Canada.
Here’s a picture of Peggy (barely visible) behind all the supplies we brought to pull off this big event!
When everyone checked in on Friday the found this adorable note pad and matching pen at their seats. I covered the note pads (Dollar Spot at Target) with the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper. Can I just say how absolutely stunning this paper is? The seasonal and all-purpose patterns have copper foil accents on one side; gorgeous. The fun sentiment is from the Enjoy Life stamp set. I purchased the pens at the Dollar Store and pulled off the bottom stopper and rolled up a 1″ x 3″ piece of the DSP and inserted in the pen tube, then put the stopper back on and voila’ I’ve got a matching pen and note book!
The note books and pen came in very handy for taking notes, because we started the evening off with guest speaker Jackie Bultje from Canada. She gave an incredible presentation which everyone loved.
We ended Friday evening with a fun project where everyone got to put together sample pages with a bit of every accessory in the Holiday Catalog as well as all of the DSP and Specialty Papers. This project was a huge hit, because it’s so much better to see the products in person and frankly sometimes they’re hard to find in the catalog.
I’ve got so much to show you from Holiday Hoopla including 5 amazing displays, 10 awesome projects, 74 incredible swaps, and a gorgeous Framed Art piece, (with an opportunity to get a kit to make it yourself), so please come back all this week for some fabulous inspiration.
This card featuring the Perfectly Plaid Bundle is a great one for an Avid Stamper; someone who has a big collection of products and loves the idea of having everything that coordinates. The Avid Stamper also loves to add texture, die cuts and embellishments. The past two days I’ve featured a card for the Beginning Stamper and the Casual Stamper both using the Perfectly Plaid stamp set.
Avid Stampers love the visual interest of multiple layers, so I’ve done some layers of matting with the Wrapped in Plaid DSP, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, and Shaded Spruce card stock along with the Magnolia Lane Large Cards & Envelopes. It’s a little hard to see in the photo, but the smaller Whisper White layer has been embossed with the Winter Knit 3-D Embossing Folder which compliments the “down home” feel of this card.
- Whisper White: 3-3/4” x 5-3/4” and 2-1/2” x 3-3/4”
- Wrapped in Plaid Designer Series Paper: 2” x 5-1/2”
- Cherry Cobbler: 3-7/8” x4-1/8” and 2-1/2” x 2-1/2” for cutting circle
- Shaded Spruce: 2-3/4” x 4”
- Attach DSP to large White cardstock.
- Run small White cardstock through Embossing Folder and attach to Shaded Spruce and Cherry Cobbler cardstock. Wrap Ribbon around these layers and secure to backside then attach to card
- Cut circle from Cherry Cobbler cardstock with Stitched Shapes Dies and attach to card with Dimensionals
- Punch 3 trees from different DSP prints and attach to card with Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment in the lower right corner of card
If you’ve enjoyed this 3 part series using Perfectly Plaid for the Beginning, Casual and Avid Stampers, I’d love for you to place an order for the supplies through my Online Store.
Are you a Casual Stamper? Maybe you have a few stamp sets and punches and love the pretty designer series papers. You enjoy stamping and creating every now and then, but you don’t own the entire catalog…then you are likely a Casual Stamper. Today’s card is the second in my Perfectly Plaid series and was designed with the Casual Stamper in mind.
This card builds off the products I featured yesterday in the Beginning Stamper card. If you missed that card, you can see it HERE. In addition to the Perfectly Plaid stamp set, Magnolia Lane Cards & Envelopes, Cherry Cobbler Diagonal Striped Ribbon, Shaded Spruce and Cherry Cobbler ink, I added the Wrapped in Plaid Designer Series Paper, the Pine Tree Punch and Shaded Spruce, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White cardstock. It’s a little hard to tell in the photo, but the tree is punched out of the DSP and the image is stamped through the punched opening. You can recreate this card with the dimensions and instructions below.
- Shaded Spruce: 3-3/4” x 5-3/4”
- Cherry Cobbler: 3-1/2” x 2”
- Whisper White: 3-1/4” x 1-3/4”
- Wrapped in Plaid Designer Series Paper: 3-1/2” x 3-1/2”
- Stamp sentiment in Cherry Cobbler and attach to Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- Tie a bow in ribbon and secure ends to the backside of cardstock and attach to Shaded Spruce with Dimensionals.
- Use Pine Tree Punch to punch tree from the center of DSP
- Attach DSP to Shaded Spruce then stamp tree in Shaded Spruce ink through the punched opening
Tomorrow’s card is designed for the Avid Stamper…see you then!