Today’s card features one of my favorite colors; Calypso Coral. I stamped the framed image from Floral Frames stamp set in Smoky Slate and added the sentiment in Calypso Coral. The leaves are colored in with Lemon Lime Twist and the flowers in Calypso Coral. The stamped image and the die cut leaves were cut out with the coordinating Foliage Frame Framelits.
I used strips of the Tea Room Specialty Designer Series Paper on a piece of Very vanilla cardstock for the background and wrapped a piece of Calypso Coral Ombre Ribbon around this layer before popping the sentiment and leaves up off the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Here’s a fun card perfect for anyone, but I think the geometric shapes and the color combination of Blueberry Bushel, Gray Granite, and Whisper White really lends itself to a masculine feel. I’ve used a lot of texture and patterns for interest on the card starting with the Wood Planks Embossing Folder on the background, then the 2 different prints from the Best Route Designer Series Paper.
I love the happy outlined script of the sentiment from the Blow Out the Candles stamp set. It’s really all that is needed for the focal point. I finished it off with a little row of the Metallic Pearls.
- Blueberry Bushel Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ score at 5-1/2″
- Blueberry Bushel Cardstock: 2-1/4” x 3-1/4”
- Gray Granite Cardstock: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Gray Granite Cardstock: 3-1/2” x 2-1/2”
- Whisper White Cardstock: 3-1/4” x 2-1/4”
- Best Route DSP Blueberry Bushel print: 1-1/4” x 5”
- Best Route DSP Gray Granite print: 2” x 3”
- Gray Granite Ribbon: 5”
- Blueberry Bushel Ribbon: 5”
- Run 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Gray Granite through Big Shot with the Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder.
- Attach Blueberry Bushel print to Gray Granite embossed cardstock with Snail Adhesive.
- Attach Gray Granite print to Blueberry Bushel cardstock and attach this to the Gray Granite embossed cardstock with Snail
- Wrap Gray Granite ribbon around Gray Granite embossed cardstock and secure to the back side with Snail. Do the same with the Blueberry Bushel ribbon.
- Attach the Gray Granite embossed layers to the card front with Snail.
- Cut out oval from Gray Granite cardstock using the Layering Ovals Framelits (third from the largest)
- Stamp Happy Birthday in Blueberry Bushel ink on the Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the Stitched Shapes Framelits (second from the larges oval)
- Attach stamped piece to Gray Granite oval with snail and attach these layers to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach 3 Metallic Pearls (silver) under the stamped sentiment.
The healing Hugs stamp set is my new “go to” set when I want to send a get well card. The sentiments are perfect and you’ve just got to love the realistic imagery of the rose and leaves.
This is one of the new DistINKtive stamps. That means it’s a photo-realistic image that has lots of depth to it. Rather than inking the stamp up directly on the ink pad, it works best to ink up a sponge or Sponge Dauber with the ink and “pounce” the dauber over the stamp. This goes for the rose as well as the leaves. Once I had the rose stamped, I did a bit of fussy cutting around the rose and popped it up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Did you notice the subtle embellishments I added to the card? I attached some of the Rose Metallic Thread behind the rose and a few of the Basic Adhesive-Backed Sequins to the Whisper White card layer.