Call me crazy, but here in Wisconsin, about this time of year I long for the warmth of the sun and a good ocean breeze. The Be Happy stamp set takes me there right away. I’ve always said, you can tell you’re on vacation if you see palm trees and this stamp set has those too!
In just 11 days I will be in the warmth of the sun and a good ocean breeze because my Stamp, Crop & Cruise Retreat sets sail from Tampa Florida for a fun filled week in the sun, where we’ll be crafting away and making life long memories. I’ve been prepping the projects for 8 fabulous classes I’ll be teaching for those that signed up for my retreat at sea. I’ll be posting those fun projects after the cruise is over, but for now, I hope you enjoy this card.
- Stamp Sets –Beach Happy (148585)
- Card Stock –Whisper White Thick (140272); Coastal Cabana (131297); Calypso Coral (122925); Crumb Cake (120953); Whisper White (100730)
- Stamp Pads – Memento (132708); Coastal Cabana (147097
- – Big Shot (143263); Seaside Embossing Folder (141481); Wink of Stella (141897); Aqua Painter (103954); Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack (144600); Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack (144045); Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends (144582); Bermuda Bay Mini Striped Ribbon (146939); Paper Snips (103579); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Snail Adhesive (104332)
- Whisper White Thick: 5-/12″ x 8-1/2″” score at 4-1/4″
- Coastal Cabana: 3-1/2” x 4” and 3-1/4” x 3-1/4”
- Calypso Coral: 3-1/2” x 3-1/2”
- Crumb Cake: 3-1/4” x 1-1/4”
- Whisper White: 2-1/2” x 2-1/2”
- Bermuda Bay Mini Striped Ribbon: 4″
- Run larger piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock through the Big Shot with the Seaside Embossing Folder.
- Wrap Bermuda Bay Mini Striped Ribbon around embossed Coastal Cabana cardstock and secure to the back side with Snail Adhesive. Attach this piece to the card base a pictured.
- Attach Calypso Coral Cardstock to card base with Snail Adhesive.
- For the “water” use Aqua Painter to pick up ink from the lid of the Coastal Cabana ink pad and “paint” the ink in a horizontal wash over the bottom half of the smaller Coastal cabana piece of cardstock and let dry completely.
- Use Wink of Stella over the water to make it shimmer.
- Tear about ¼” off the top edge of the Crumb Cake cardstock and attach to the lower edge of the Coastal Cabana cardstock for the sand.
- Stamp the beach chair and umbrella on the “sand” in Memento Ink so that the chair legs rest on the “sand. (the seat and the umbrella will be in the water)
- Stamp the beach chair and umbrella again on the Whisper White cardstock with memento Ink.
- Stamp the chair seat in Coastal Cabana ink so that it fits within the legs of the chair.
- Color the umbrella with light and dark Bermuda Bay and Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends.
- With Paper Snips, cut closely around the edges of the chair seat and attach to the chair with Snail. Cut the umbrella out leaving a small border around the edges and attach it over the first umbrella image with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Color in the chair legs and sides with Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend.
- Stamp sentiment in Memento Ink over the water and attach this piece to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.