Today’s card is a mish-mash of retiring product, product that’s carrying over to the next catalog, returning product, as well as one product that is being renamed. That’s right, all that in this sweet little card. Let’s talk about that!
The Polka Dotted Balmy Blue Designer Series Paper is on the retired product list and will no longer be available after June 3rd (or sooner if supplies are depleted). The cardstock, ink, Stampin’ Blends, Whisper White Polka Dot Ribbon, Heart Epoxy Droplets, and the Animal Outing stamp set (the sentiment is from that set) are all carrying over to the new Annual Catalog. The Country Floral Embossing Folder, which was a free Sale-a-bration item, is going to be returning for purchase in the Annual Catalog. I mentioned that one product is being renamed….The Be Mine Stitched Framelits will be renamed Stitched be Mine Dies. So now let me share the measurements and directions so you can recreate this card yourself.
- Stamp Sets –Animal Outing (W-146597) (C-146600
- Card Stock –Soft Sea Foam (146988); Whisper White (100730)
- Stamp Pads – Balmy Blue (147105)
- – Big Shot (143263); Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies (148527); Country Floral Embossing Folder (151823); Subtles 6” x6” Designer Series Paper (146966); Heart Epoxy Droplets (148583); Dark Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends (148542); Light Soft Seam Foam Stampin’ Blends (148057); Whisper White Polka Dot Ribbon (147629); Sponge Daubers (133773); Mini Glue Dots (103683)
- Soft Sea Foam: 4-1/4″ x 11″ and 2-1/2” x 2-1/2”
- Whisper White: 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” and 2-1/2” x 2-1/2”
- Balmy Blue Designer Series Paper: 3-3/4” x 5” and 3-1/2” x ½”
- Whisper White Polka Dot Ribbon: 8”
- Fold Soft Sea Foam Cardstock in half to create the card base.
- Attach large Balmy Blue Designer Series Paper to the card front.
- Attach large Whisper White cardstock to the card front.
- Attach the small strip of Balmy Blue Designer Series Paper to the card front as shown.
- Stamp sentiment from Animal Outing in Balmy Blue ink on the front of the card as shown
- Use the middle-sized scallop heart die to cut a solid heart and heart frame from the small Whisper White cardstock.
- Attach the framed heart to the card with Mini Glue Dots by placing it around the sentiment as shown.
- Run the solid heart through the Big Shot with the Country Floral Embossing Folder with the heart positioned in the folder so that the set of 3 flowers are embossed on the heart.
- Color in the embossed flowers, leaves and a few of the tiny dots with Dark Balmy Blue and Light Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blends.
- Attach embossed heart to the card with Mini Glue Dots
- Use the middle-sized scallop heart die to cut a heart frame from the small Soft Sea Foam cardstock and attach it with Mini Glue Dots around the embossed heart.
- Use a Sponge Dauber and Balmy Blue ink to “dye” the Whisper White Polka Dot Ribbon.
- Tie ribbon in a bow and attach to card with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Use the Dark Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends Marker to color a heart from the heart Epoxy Droplets then attach to the lower right corner of the card.
Order your supplies by clicking on the photos below: