Seriously, where has the time gone? Between details for our daughters wedding which is in 2-1/2 weeks and prepping for a big demonstrator event this coming weekend, I can’t even keep track of the days! I did however, take a little time last night to create a series of Christmas cards using the Perfectly Plaid stamp set. The three cards I created are a card for the beginning stamper, the casual stamper and the avid stamper.
Today’s card was designed with the beginning stamper in mind. Since a beginning stamper would have much in terms of supplies, my goal was to create a simple card that used only a few products. Using a pre-made card base, like the Magnolia Lane Large Specialty Memories & More Cards & Envelopes, means a beginning stamper doesn’t need a bunch of different papers. I kept the stamping to just one set, the Perfectly Plaid stamp set and used just two ink pads; Cherry Cobbler for the sentiment and Shaded Spruce for the tree. Even beginning stampers want their cards to look special, so I wrapped the Cherry Cobbler Diagonal Strip Ribbon around the card front and tied it in a bow.
Tomorrow I’ll share a card I created for the Casual Stamper in mind, but if you’re ready to order the supplies used on today’s card, just click the photos below to go right to my online store.
And so it begins…the Holiday Catalog started yesterday and I see, from the orders that were placed, many of you are thinking Christmas already. This card is quite simple yet it packs a punch. Let me point out 3 things I love about this card:
1. I love the rustic feel of the Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder for the background.
2. I love the Copper Embossed Tree images stamped on the Wrapped in Plaid Designer Series Paper
3. I love the Perfectly Plaid Bundle (stamp set and coordinating Pine Tree Punch). You can save 10% when you order the bundle.
- Stamp Sets – Perfectly Plaid (149418)
- Card Stock – Cherry Cobbler (119685), Whisper White (100730)
- Stamp Pads – Celestial Copper (150707), Versamark (102283)
- Misc. – Wrapped in Plaid Designer Series Paper (149596), Pine Tree Punch (149521), Copper Embossing Powder (141636), Basic Jewels Rhinestones (144220), Star Designer Elements (150430), Pretty Label Punch (143715), Pinewood Plank Embossing Folder (152320), ¼” Copper Trim (144179), Heat Tool (129053), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Cherry Cobbler Card Stock – 5 ½” x 8 ½”, ¾” x 4” strip
- Whisper White Card Stock– 4” x 5 ¼”, scrap for sentiment label
- Designer Series Paper – scraps to punch out trees
- Copper Trim – 7 inches
- Fold card base in half and set aside.
- Emboss the Whisper White Panel with the Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder and adhere to the front of card base.
- Adhere Copper Trim to the ¾” x 4” strip of Cherry Cobbler card stock and then adhere strip to card front as shown.
- Punch out three trees from Designer Series Paper.
- Stamp and heat emboss the tree image on the green tree with heat tool and Copper Embossing Powder.
- Adhere the right and left trees directly to card front.
- Adhere the center tree using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add a Copper Star to the top of the center tree.
- Use the Versamark ink and Copper Embossing Powder to emboss the Basic Jewel Rhinestones.
- Stamp “Merry Christmas” on the scrap of Whisper White in Copper ink and punch out with the Pretty Label Punch.
- Adhere label to card front as shown.
Order supplies to make this card here
Oh, what a fabulous day! I mean really, the launch of a new catalog is one of the most exciting days of the year. Today is the start of the Holiday Catalog ordering season and because of that, Stampin’ Up!’s ordering systems will be unavailable from midnight (MT) to 3:00 am (MT) while the company transitions systems to the new catalog. Ordering will be restored no later than 3:00 am (MT). That’s when you can start placing orders from the 2019 Holiday Catalog. What fun!
Here’s a sweet card to get you inspired.
But wait, there’s more to get excited about….
Designer Series Paper Sale
Stampin’ Up! is launching a Buy 3, Get 1 Free Promotion on select Designer Series Papers starting today! Be sure to take a look at all the papers that are part of this promotion so you will include some (or all) of them in the order you’ll be placing! All of the papers in this promotion are from the Annual Catalog.
Buy 3 DSP Get 1 Free Offer Details:
- Offer valid: Sept. 4 to Sept. 30, 2019
- Only Designer paper (DSP) listed in the chart below qualifies for this offer – mix and match any packs from this chart
- No limit to the number of times you can take advantage of this offer.
- When ordering from my online store, enter any 3 packs, then enter the 4th pack and it will be $0.00, then you can enter any 3 more, and the next one will be free, too. etc.
- Does not apply to Starter Kit orders or Free Stampin’ Rewards / Host orders
Here are all the Designer Series Papers included in the
Buy 3 Get 1 Free Special